September 2012: run in Hungary
March 2012: Twelfth run of EuropeTrain - second run in Scandinavian winter
On 17 March the EuropeTrain returned to Minden after two weeks and ca. 13,500 km of successful operation in Germany, Denmark and Sweden combined without any trouble or incidents.
"EuropeTrain in Slovakia"
Pictures of EuropeTrain in Slovakia a two-day operation in Slovakia, covering 800 km of Slovakian network during the 9th run (the second Eastern Loop to Poland).
Press Event First Austrian Transalpine loop on 9 September 2011 in Vienna
- from L to R: Mr Franz Seiser, Mr Jean-Pierre Loubinoux, Mr Andreas Fuchs, Mr Libor Lochman, appointed new Executive Director of CER
Second french loop with press event in The Netherlands on 1 August in Amersfoort
- Mr Johannes Gräber, Head of Business Segment Engineering Services (DB Systemtechnik), UIC Project Manager EuropeTrain
- Mr Paul van Lede explains to a dutch radio reporter the difference between wheels braked with cast iron and with composite brake blocks.
- EuropeTrain heading to France for the French loop which runs several times through Paris (Le Bourget), Marseille, Lyon and Metz.
Press Event in Berlin
- DB video
- Professor Klaus-Dieter Scheurle, State Secretary for the German Federal Ministry of Transport, Building and Urban Development at the press event in Berlin
- Dr. Karl-Friedrich Rausch, Member of DB ML AG Management Board responsible for Transportation and Logistics on the press event
- From l. to r.: State Secretary Mr Scheuerle, Dr. Rausch and Mr Jean-Pierre Loubinoux (General Director of UIC)
- From l. to r.: Mr Johannes Gräber (DB Systemtechnik), Mr. Loubinoux, Dr. Rausch, State Secretary Scheuerle standing in front of a wheelset with a LL block
Noise measurements on the French loop
- Timetable to Kiruna (Sweden)
- Central Station in Kiruna
Start of EUROPETRAIN
- Part of the project team (from l to r) : Johannes Gräber, Martin Knörr, Benjamin Büche, Eckhard Friebel, with train driver Thorsten Schneider celebrating the start of EuropeTrain
- EuropeTrain departure from Minden